Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sierry Petes

It seems to me that a blog is a bit like a sourdough starter -- you've got to keep it fed on a regular basis or it just kinda gives up on you. My favorite ones are a bit pungent and more than a little gassy. Unlike a sourdough starter, very few of them ever feed anybody.

This one is built as much as anything to help me remember some of my rambles around my new home for the past year plus here in Prescott, Arizona. My intention is to keep focused on outdoor fun, whether on water, snow, two feet, or two wheels (both the gas-powered and oatmeal-powered bikes), but focus never was my strong suit, so it'll likely diverge into local politics, irrelevant observations, and general griping or rejoicing about things that really don't matter to anyone but me. Sorry.

The name of the blog, Sierry Petes, isn't my name or nickname, even though the latter would be kind of fun. "What'll ya have, there, Sierry Pete?" would make me happy to hear at a local bar, even better if followed by "It's on the house." It's Yavapai cowboy slang for one of the two mountain ranges that ring Prescott, the Sierra Prieta, the other being the Bradshaws.

Let's go out and play.

1 comment: